During these two days in the
computer lab, you will each be preparing a PowerPoint slide show
on selected poems by Emily Dickinson.
 Select the Poems
Go to The
Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson
Spend some time (15-20 minutes)
browsing. Select two (2) poems for your project. It would help
if you liked these poems. But you might also be puzzled by some
aspect of them. Do not choose any of the poems which are also
in our class anthology or posted at the message board. Your selections
should be your own fresh discoveries that you want to explore
and share with the class.
 Create a PowerPoint Slide
Present each poem in an attractive,
READABLE format (use more than one slide for longer poems) --
and do all or some of the following:
- show, discuss, indicate, or explain
the qualities of the poem that appeal to you;
- paraphrase the poem
- discuss the central metaphor or images
of the poem
- raise questions about your own uncertainty
over some feature of the poem;
- explain difficult or significant words
- include VERY RELEVANT illustrations;
the image search at Google
- relate the poem to our contemporary
- Use your time well; we only have two
- Visit Virtual Emily for biographical information.
- Another brief biography is at The Columbia Encyclopedia.
- To read some of the "edited"
versions of her poems, visit Bartleby.
- Save everything to your own floppy disk.
Save it often.